Today, the European Commission launched the second Emergency Call on COVID-19 under the Horizon 2020 programme with a total budget of €122 million. Similar to the first Emergency Call in February, the procedure is again expedited. The deadline for the full-length proposals is June 11.
The call includes of five topics:
– Networking of existing EU and international cohorts of relevance to COVID-19 (coordination and support action, €2-3m for 1 project)
– Pan-European cohorts (research and innovation action, €15-20 million)
– Medical technologies, Digital tools and AI analytics to improve surveillance and care at high TRLs (innovation action, €2-5m per project)
– Repurposing of manufacturing for vital medical supplies and equipment (innovation action, €5-6m per project)
– Behavioural, social and economic impacts of the outbreak response (innovation action, €4-10m per project)
To read the full topic description and expected impacts, click on the topic title above.
EIBIR continues to offer its expertise in proposal preparation and project management free-of-charge to everyone applying for COVID-19 research funding provided availability of resources and suitability of project with call topic.
Furthermore, we have compiled an always up-to-date list of open access COVID-19 datasets for teaching, training and/or research (depending on license).