Following the success of its first call in June, the European Commission’s Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) is launching its second round of calls for proposals! Informative webinars and other events will be scheduled to inform interested partners about the final topics and rules for applying.
The following draft topics have not yet been approved by the IHI Governing Board, but their announcement is intended to allow potential partners to build a consortium and draft a proposal.
Draft proposals of Call 3 currently include single-stage topics on:
- Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need
- Patient-generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation
- Combining hospital interventional approaches to improve patient outcomes and increase hospital efficiencies
- Strengthening the European ecosystem for Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and other innovative therapeutic modalities for rare diseases
- Digital health technologies for the prevention and personalised management of mental disorders and their long-term health consequences
And Call 4 asks for two-stage topics on:
- Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical drug safety assessment
- Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
EIBIR will disseminate more information about the final IHI calls and associated events as it becomes available.