EIBIR Session at ECR 2018
EIBIR Research Session: European imaging researchers united in diversity
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Location: Room L8, Austria Center Vienna
Chairperson: Gabriel P. Krestin; Rotterdam/NL
Chairperson’s introduction (10 min)
Gabriel P. Krestin; Rotterdam/NL
1. To learn about major EU-funded research projects related to cancer imaging in which EIBIR is a partner.
2. To appreciate the impact these projects will have on cancer diagnosis and care.
3. To understand the role of the European Institute for Biomedical Imaging Research (EIBIR) in such projects.
Laser and Ultrasound Co-analyser for Thyroid Nodules (LUCA) Project: latest results (20 min)
Udo Weigel; Barcelona/ES
1.To learn about the application of diffuse optics to human tissue
2.To understand the technology of LUCA
3.To learn about the project’s status and its initial results.
Testing hybrid MR/PET (HYPMED) device for enhanced breast diagnosis in a multicentre clinical trial (20 min)
Thomas H. Helbich; Vienna/AT
1. To learn about a multicentre clinical trial of the project’s hybrid MR/PET insert.
2. To understand how the trial will validate the project’s ground-breaking MR/PET technology.
3. To appreciate the complexity of undertaking such a multicentre clinical trial at European level.
Smart Optical and Ultrasound Diagnostics of Breast Cancer (SOLUS) Project: aims and objectives (20 min)
Paola Taroni; Milan/IT
1. To understand how the system developed by the project will combine optical methods with ultrasound.
2. To appreciate how the technology developed by the project will improve the ability to differentiate between benign and malignant lesions.
EIBIR’s role in imaging research projects (20 min)
Pamela Zolda; Vienna/AT
1. To learn about EIBIR and its services for researchers.
2. To understand project management and dissemination activities of European projects.
3. To appreciate how EIBIR can support your research project.